Retail cusomers, please use Etsy to purchase: https://www.etsy.com/your/shops/LeNoirBleu/tools/listings/258125465
*Soothingly herbal balms. These are made of simple, natural ingredients in very small batches. I've used calendula wax instead of beeswax, to keep them vegan-friendly. Great for skin and beards!
•Why balm instead of lotion?: Balms protect your hands as they moisturize them, while lotions just moisturize. Balms can be greasier, but that means they can condition skin faster than lotion and leave a nice barrier between your skin and weather/chemicals, etc. Also, less goes a long way and these oils quickly soak into skin or hair. They're amazingly beneficial for cracked heels and hands, especially if applied before putting on socks or fuzzy mittens (dark colors are best, as salve can potentially leave a slight grease stain if you apply too much). They're also great for lips, beards, and even hair and the face (if you aren't too prone to oily skin).
•Balms are also great skin protection from the harsh weather elements, especially for people who use their hands a lot to work: farmers, gardeners, writers, dishwashers, homemakers, maids, chefs, boat hands, construction workers, and writers. Also, just a tiny dab will go a long way, so it's long lasting. Rub it into skin thoroughly.
*My herbal salves are also a great alternative to perfume/cologne, as the fragrance is all natural and has powerful aromatherapy properties due to the pure essential oils.
•Ingredients are simple: vegan wax, herbal/spice infused coconut and apricot kernel oils, essential oils, black tea, and Vitamin E oil (as a natural preservative instead of a chemical one like parabin, which is in many commercial brands and had been linked to hormone issues and even cancer).
*Current essential oil scents:
Oregon Trees Breeze
- Stress reducer and sleep aid
- Muscle relaxer for pain and ache relief
- Promotes headache relief
- Effective cleanser of all skin types
- Contains antiseptic and astringent properties
- Strengthens hair follicles to maintain hair health
- Natural Bug Repellant
- Relieves headaches and boosts mental clarity
- Rejuvenates skin, helping it look healthy and vibrant
- Known for its aphrodisiac properties
- Has antiseptic and mild pain relief properties
- Uplifting to mood
- Calming properties to help relieve stress
- Invigorating scent wards off lethargy and sleepiness
- Has been used to aid in meditation
- Relieves nervous tension
- Relieves pain
- Disinfects the scalp and skin
- Enhances blood circulation
- Treats respiratory problems
- Helps induce sleep
- Natural Bug Repellant
- Enhances the immune system
- Boosts circulation
- Eases the pain of headaches or PMS-related symptoms
- Brightens mood
- Reduces pain and inflammation
- Combats cold and flu symptoms
- Relieves symptoms of asthma
- Cooling and refreshing effect soothes mental exhaustion
- Eases joint and muscle pain
- Helps to prevent skin infections
- Excellent brain and nerve tonic to aid with concentration
- Stimulates hair follicles, making hair grow longer and stronger
- Beneficial for dry, flaky scalps
- Slows premature hair loss and graying of hair
- Tones skin and removes dryness
- Moisturizes skin for deep hydration
- Great source of antioxidants
- Soothes sensitive skin
- Diminishes scars and stretch marks
- Replenishes skin after exfoliation
- Antibacterial properties protect skin from potential pathogens
- Moisturizes skin
- Repairs damaged hair and reduces protein loss
- Improves cuticle health
- Soothes rashes or burns
Apricot Kernel Oil:
- Rich in Vitamins A and E
- Soothes and heals rough, damaged skin
- Firms and tones skin
- Contains antibacterial and antiseptic properties
- Improves delivery of other essential oils and herbal agents
•Benefits of Vitamin E: a natural vegetable oil that's a fantastic vitamin for the skin, improves dry skin and fights wrinkles while is also smoothing fine lines. A powerful antioxidant which will assist the skin in removing toxins, contributing to a more radiant glow.
•Proper storage: make sure to keep the lid securely twisted on tight when not in use. This will help a sips possible spills in salve gets warm. Also, for extended life of this product, store it in a cool, dry, and dark place. And to keep it extra protected, don't leave the lid off for too long during each application and make sure your fingers are clean when you dip into it.
In the summer months, you might even want to carry your salve in a plastic ziplock bag if you plan in carrying it with you outside of your home, just as an extra precaution.
*VERY Important Note: Balms are mainly oil and wax. They are therefore temperamental to temperature. If it's warm outside or in your car, purse, pocket, jacket, etc... Use caution when opening the tin! Heat and sun can cause the salve to temporarily liquefy! Open carefully and be very, very careful not to spill it.
•Best deal: Because I ship flat rate USPS, the best deal is to order a few items all at once! Depending on the size of your order, expect to pay whatevefr is the going rate at the U.S. Post Office for their small/medium/large boxes. All sizes include tracking and shipping, to ensure fast and secure delivery.
*International shipping usually runs $35-$0 for the smallest USPS flat rate priority box (includes tracking and shipping), but you're still responsible for any additional fees, extra tracking, and customs in your country.
•Men too: All of my salves, sprays, and soaps smell great on men too, as most are herbal, citrus, spicy or woodsy scented. And men need just as much care for their skin as women. Skin is not gender biased-- we all get wrinkles and have various epidermis issues!
•And always use caution with any fragrances. Test a small, less sensitive area of skin first. And pregnant or nursing women may want to avoid fragrances altogether, even essential ones. Please, ask your doctor first.
Thank you. We truly, deeply appreciate your business.
© Le Noir Bleu 2019. All copy is written by Le Noir Bleu. Please kindly ask permission to copy what we've taken hours to research and write. Or better yet, be creative and write your own, silly! All photos are also property of Le Noir Bleu.
Scent (all are pure essential oils)